ARMAMENT AND ELECTRICAL SHOP
MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS FOR GROUND ROD
Tools And Special Tools:
General Mechanics Tool Kit
Electrical Wire (Bulk)
Personnel Required: (1)
CMF 15 Series Aircraft Electrician
HIGH VOLTAGE exists in electrical system of shop. All electrical inspections,
repairs, or replacements will be performed with power OFF and only by a
qualified electrician. Serious shock hazards exist which could result in INJURY
OR EVEN DEATH to personnel.
1. Move main circuit breaker to OFF position.
2. Ensure ground rod (1) is firmly driven into ground.
3. Ensure Bayonet Neil Concelman (BNC) clamp (2) and screw (3) are securely fastened.
4. Ensure there is no sign of oxidation around clamp (2) or screw (3).
5. Ensure that ground cable (4) is not frayed or broken.
6. Move main circuit breaker to ON position.