REPLACE 60 AMP RECEPTACLE
HIGH VOLTAGE exists in electrical system of shop. All electrical inspections,
repairs, or replacements will be performed with power OFF and only by a
qualified electrician. Serious shock hazards exist which could result in INJURY
OR EVEN DEATH to personnel.
Receptacle lugs are identified by letters "X", "Y", and "Z" with ground connection
being identified by color green. Black wire will be attached to "X", red wire will be
attached to "Y", and blue wire will be attached to "Z".
1. Move main circuit breaker to OFF position.
2. Loosen all lugs on 60 AMP receptacle and remove wires.
3. Attach wires to new 60 AMP receptacle with black wire connected to "X" lug, red wire to "Y" lug and blue wire
connected to "Z" lug.
4. Attach ground wire to "green" terminal.
5. Reinstall 60 AMP receptacle into 54 degree angle adapter using four machine screws.
6. Move main circuit breaker to ON position.
End of Work Package