AVIATION SHOP EQUIPMENT CONTACT MAINTENANCE (AV SECM) SYSTEM MAINTENANCE
INSTRUCTIONS FOR WORKBENCH ASSEMBLY - (CONTINUED)
SECM workbench assembly weights 146 lbs. Disassemble and assemble rack assembly in
layers while inside of van to allow for safe lifting IAW MIL-STD-1472.
· There will be one spring sheet nut used for every connection of aluminum rail to corner
casting throughout the SECM workbench assembly. Clips lock corner castings and aluminum
rails together. Ensure all spring sheet nuts are retained for use with reassembly.
· It is only necessary to disassemble the SECM workbench assembly to the extent necessary to
remove damaged component(s). Upon removal of damaged component(s), proceed to the
applicable reassembly heading(s).
· Mark or number non-damaged parts to ensure non-damaged parts are installed in the same
location they were removed from.
· Separate tie down assemblies from front and rear aluminum rails prior to disassembly of front
and rear aluminum rails from the SECM workbench assembly.
· For ease of reassembly, keep different length screws separate.