13. Install eight 3/8-inch bolts with lock washers, flat washers and nuts (16, 14, 13, 12), in sequence, through
front supports into Rack Assembly slots. Use shims (9) as necessary, to level Overhead Rack Assembly. Do
not tighten. (Figure 7)
The following alignment is accomplished using slotted holes in Overhead Rack
14. Discontinue manual support and align Overhead Rack Assembly to vehicle.
15. Ensure that all bolts are hand tightened and then torque bolts as shown below:
3/8 16 Dry 35 45 lbs/ft, Wet 25 35 lbs/ft
Ladder is rated for a maximum of 300 pounds.
16. Insert ladder (3), hooks up, into slots in Overhead Rack Assembly. Ensure that stabilizer bar (5) is folded out
toward vehicle. Install locking pins (4). (Figure 8)
17. Obtain each handrail assembly and extend all vertical handrail extensions. Secure with locking pins.
18. Insert extended handrail assemblies into appropriate handrail nests, beginning with center extension first and
then outer two. Install locking pins in nests.
19. Attach safety chains (2) and safety bars (1) of each side rail assembly to appropriate handrail assembly.
20. Return vehicle mirrors to original position.