Lift slightly until front end is approximately 1-inch off the ground, and pull forward until the loading rail
connector is completely clear of the loading rails of both containers. Containers are at least 4-feet
10. Lower and disconnect from HEMTT.
The transverse stabilizer may bind at this point and could prevent the containers from
coming apart. If this happens the operator will have to push the containers back
together and retry pulling them apart until successful. Hint: You can assist this operation
by using a 2 X 4 board, or equivalent, to pry open the sticking side of the transverse
11. If using a forklift or other vehicle as listed in the table in this work package to disconnect the FPU-8
from the FPU-12, attach a properly-rated chain from the towing vehicle to both bottom ISO blocks on
12. Ensure the towing vehicle is in a straight line with the container and that chain spacing is equal on
both sides, to prevent cocking.
13. Slowly pull forward until containers are separated and the loading rail adapters are completely clear
of the loading rails of both containers (containers are at least 4-feet apart).
14. Using the 1 1/8-inch socket, -inch drive flex head wrench and 2-inch long extension, disconnect
the transversal stabilizer cross bar from the loading rail connectors.
15. Return to the roof via the roof access system located on the roller end of the FPU-12 to remove the
upper horizontal interconnectors.
16. While supporting the horizontal interconnectors, completely retract adjuster nuts on the two upper
horizontal interconnectors (FPU-12 side) and remove. Store in a secure place.
17. Return to ground via roof access system at the end of the FPU-12.
18. Completely retract adjuster nuts on the two lower horizontal interconnectors (FPU-12 side) and
remove and store in a secure place.
19. Disconnect the AC and DC power cables from between both containers and store in a secure place.
20. Using suitable MHE, raise end of the container, while retaining loading rail connectors slightly off the
ground (approximately 1-inch).
21. Slide both of the loading rail connectors from the loading rails. Store in a secure place.