1. Loosen jam nuts using 7/8-inch combination wrench.
All hardware, bolts, jam nuts, and screws are loosened with a counter clockwise rotation.
All hardware, bolts, jam nuts, and screws are tightened with a clockwise rotation.
2. Completely retract lock rods using 7/8-inch deep well socket and -inch drive flex head wrench. Turn
lock rods counterclockwise fully until retracted. The rod will bottom out when fully retracted.
Standard forklift principles apply when working with or on the FPU containers. Work with
ground guides during the loading or unloading of the pallets. Never move the pallet into
the FPU container while the ground guide is in between the forks or pallet of the FPU
container. Forklift operators must maintain visual contact with the ground guide at all
times. Serious injury or death could occur if the ground guide is pinned between the
forklift and the pallet or FPU container.
3. Adjust forklift tines to match fork pockets of pallet to be removed.
4. Using the Ground Guide, insert tines into pallet until contact with pallet stops is made.
5. Using one of the 2-inch ratchet straps provided, attach one hook to left front pallet D-ring.
6. Feed strap through the forklift bridge to opposite side and attach to right front pallet D-ring.
7. Raise the forks approximately 1-inch.
8. Back out slowly approximately 12-inches to allow pallet to clear rear cam lock.
9. Tilt forks back to obtain approximately 1-inch of clearance between the pallet and pallet ledge.