Some HAZMATs may react negatively with other HAZMATs. The MSDS for each type of
hazardous material to be shipped must be referenced prior to shipment. All
recommended chemical compatibility, segregation, and safety procedures must be
followed. Be sure to use the appropriate absorbent material inside the containers to
absorb spills. All HAZMATs must be double wrapped prior to shipment in lined HAZMAT
storage pallets. Failure to do so may result in a violent chemical reaction that could
cause damage to pallets, ASLMS cargo, or hardware and injury or death to personnel.
SECURING ASLMS CARGO USING FLOOR NETS (FPU-12 Bulk Only)
ASLMS floor cargo nets are designed to secure cargo directly to the floor of the FPU-8/12 Bulk containers
and consist of a net with four safety snaps positioned to fit into the recessed rings located at the bottom of
the vertical rack frames. An adjustable cinch rope runs along the outer edge of the net.
There are three sizes of floor cargo nets:
Two large (used in FPU-8 Bulk containers)
Four medium (used in FPU-12 Bulk containers)
Two small (used in FPU-12 Bulk containers)
1. Remove pallets directly above the position in which the cargo is to be secured (refer to WP 0006 00
for additional information).
2. Insert load to be stored and secured.
3. Align net and attach the two safety snaps to the two rear rings of the vertical rack frame.
4. Feed the net over and around the load.
5. Attach the remaining two safety snaps to the two front rings of the vertical rack frame.
6. Pull cinch rope tightly to secure load in place.