Standard forklift principles apply when working with or on the FPU containers. Work with
ground guides during the loading or unloading of the pallets. Never move the pallet into
the FPU container while the ground guide is in between the forks and the pallet of the
FPU container. Forklift operators must maintain visual contact with the ground guide at
all times. Serious injury or death could occur if the ground guide is pinned between the
forklift and the pallet or FPU container.
3. Adjust forklift tines to fit forklift pockets on the ASLMS module.
4. With the assistance of a ground guide, insert tines into module. Stop with about 12-inches between
the ASLMS module and the forklift bridge. This will allow for the clearance needed between the
forklift bridge and the container frame when loading the module, to prevent the bridge from making
contact with the container frame.
5. Using ground guide, lift module and position feet directly above the receptacles located on the floor
adapter plate at the desired module storage position.
6. Lower the module until it settles into its position (shifting the tines left/right as necessary to align
7. Push the module-locking arm in completely.
8. Slowly back away from the module until the tines have completely cleared.
9. Verify that the red handle on the module-locking arm is pushed completely to its closed and locked