1. Wipe surfaces and cam lock mechanism as necessary.
2. Lubricate locking rod and cam locks as necessary (refer to WP 0017 00).
1. Remove pallet on ledge (1) to be replaced and any pallets located above a below to allow access.
2. Remove front and rear horizontal stabilizers (2) by removing the eight bolts using 3/16-inch hex head
drive sockets and 3/8-inch ratchet with extension.
3. Remove eight Allen bolts (3) using 3/16-inch hex head drive socket and 3/8-inch ratchet with
extension of the pallet ledge to be replace.
If a bolt is damaged beyond use, obtain a replacement. Do not install with less than the
proper number of bolts or damage to equipment may
4. Pallet ledges (1) are retained on the vertical rack frame by four bayonet tabs (4) protruding into the
windows of the vertical rack frame. This requires the ledge to be loosened from the vertical rack
frame. While one person securely holds the slide ledge, the second person applies an upward force
by tapping the underside of the pallet ledge (1) at the attached points with a 2 x 4 soft wooden block
or similar material.
5. Place new slide ledge in the proper position by inserting the tabs (4) into the vertical rack frame
windows and tapping downward with a 2 x 4 soft wooden block or similar material. Be careful to align
bolt holes with grip nuts in the vertical rack frame.