Replace vent cover release/reset cable as follows:
1. Close vent cover (1) using red banded release handle (2).
2. Disconnect the vent release cable from the vent cover release assembly by removing the cable
3. Remove release cable from the red/black handle by removing the cable stop.
4. Cut a length of 304 stainless steel, nylon coated, 1/8-inch wire rope. Obtain proper length from the
Release Cable Curb Side
Release Cable Street Side
Reset Cable Curb Side
Reset Cable Street Side
5. Remove two inches of nylon coating on both ends of the cable.
6. Route one end through the bottom to the top of the release/reset handle.
7. Attach a cable stop.
8. Route cable through appropriate cable guide. For reset cable, route through the cable guide and
9. Attach release cable by routing through the vent cover release lever and attaching a cable stop.
Attach reset cable by routing through the vent cover chain length and crimp using a cable sleeve.
10. Using the black reset handle (3) pull until the vent cover is set in the open position.