Electrical power must be disconnected before any electrical system work is performed to
prevent electrical shock, injury, or death (electrocution). Only trained and qualified
personnel (MOS 51R, 52C, 52E, or 52G) may perform maintenance or attempt to correct
electrical discrepancies on the electrical system.
1. Disconnect from power source.
2. Open light storage box (2) and remove light assembly (1).
3. Remove cover to light junction box (3) located inside the light storage box (2) by removing the 2
4. Remove electrical tape from the wire nuts.
5. Remove wire nuts that connect the white and black wires.
6. Loosen the 15/16-inch nut on the cord grip.
7. Pull cord (4) out of the junction box (3).
8. Remove old light.
9. Feed cord (4) of the new light through the cord grip.
10. Tighten the 15/16-inch nut on the cord grip.
11. Using wire nuts, reconnect the white and black wires.
12. Wrap electrical tape over wire nuts to properly secure the electrical connections.
13. Reinstall junction box cover by inserting the 2 screws.
14. Re-stow the light in the light storage box.