within which the repair part belongs. This
will refer to a page in the parts listing.
(2) Second. The illustration column of
the page refers to a figure number,
(3) Third. Locate the figure and identi-
fy the repair parts, noting the item number.
(4) Fourth. Refer back to the page of
the parts listing. Find the item number in
the illustration column that corresponds with
the figure number.
b. When Federal stock number or refer-
ence number is known:
(1) First. Using the index of Federal
stock numbers and reference numbers, find
the pertinent federal stock number or refer-
ence number. This index is in ascending
alphanumeric sequence cross-referenced to an
(2) Second. Using the Repair Part List-
ing, find the index number referenced in the
index of Federal stock numbers and reference
7. Federal Supply Codes for Manufacturers