(1) Clean all metal parts, except bearings, in
an approved cleaning solvent and dry
(2) Clean the bearings as described in
the declutcher bearing housing, and
the declutcher drive gear and the
(3) Inspect the drive gear, bearing housing,
coupling flange before removal so
and sliding gear splines for excessive
wear, burs, scores, nicks, or other
maintained on installation.
(4) Inspect the bearings for wear rust, or
disassemble the declutcher.
(5) Inspect all metal parts for cracks and
c. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
Ball bearing (2 rqr)
Steel locking ball, 1/4 in. dia.
Helical compression spring
Washer, flat, 13/32 in. id,
Retaining ring (2 rqr)
1 1/4 in. od, 3/32 in. thk
Screw, cap, hex-hd, 3/8-24 x
Figure 14. Declutcher, disassembly and reassembly.