(2) Inspect parts for cracks, breaks, chips,
(12) Secure the two springs (30) to the variable
bends, or other damage.
resistor (31) with the two screws (28) and
replace all defective parts.
(13) Position the dial (26) on the case (27) and
c. Reassembly and Installation.
secure dial and case to the springs (30)
with the four screws (25).
(1) Position the dial plate (17, fig. 26) on the
(14) Place the handwheel (23) on the variable
front disk (12) and secure by installing the
resistor (31) and secure with the setscrew
five drive screws (18).
(15) Install the field rheostat in the tenrange
block (39), four washers (22), two washers
(21) and screws (20) on the front disk
(16) Install the ten-range switch and field
(12). Set this subassembly aside.
Lubricate electrical contacts upon
operation. Use approved lubricant.
the circuit breaker and bracket.
(3) Position the electrical contacts (34) and
contact rings (9) in the control contact ring
(11) and secure by installing the four
disassemble the circuit breaker.
spring clips (35).
(4) Install the insulation plates (10) on the
contact rings (9).
Be very careful when handling the
the contact ring (11) and secure with
arc shield. It is extremely fragile.
screw (38) and nut (36).
(6) Install the front disk (12), with attached
c. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
parts, in the control contact ring (11). Set
this subassembly aside.
(1) Clean with a stiff brush and blow clean
(7) Position the clip (8) in the inside housing
with dry, compressed air.
(4) and secure with screw (5) and washers
(2) Inspect the arc shield for cracks; breaks,
(6 and 7).
or chips. Replace a defective arc shield.
(8) Secure the bracket (3) to the inside
(3) Inspect the armature shaft assembly for
housing (4) with the two screws (1) and
defective insulation or evidence of
shorting of electrical current. Replace a
(9) Secure the three brackets (14) to the
defective armature shaft.
handwheel (19) with the three screws
(4) Inspect the fixed and movable contacts for
excessive wear, pits, or corrosion.
(10) Insert the inside housing, with attached
Remove corrosion with No. 00 sandpaper.
parts, in the control contact ring
Replace a badly pitted contact.
subassembly and secure with four screws
(5) Inspect the yokes for wear or damage.
(32) and washers (33).
Repair or replace a worn or damaged
(11) Secure the three handwheel mounting
brackets (14) to the front disk (12) with the
six screws (16) and washers (15).