78. Water System Controls and Instruments
57 through 70 for description, location, and illustration
water system controls and instruments.
Controls and instruments in the water system are
provided to regulate and distribute the liquids required to
Section III. OPERATION UNDER USUAL CONDITIONS
(3) Install the stabilizing jacks (fig. 27) and adjust them as
(4) Remove entrance ladders from rear doors and position
Instructions in this section are published for the use of
second echelon maintenance personnel, responsible for
(5) Open right rear door (fig. 28 and TM 9-2330-238-14).
the operation of this equipment. It is essential that the
operator know how to perform every operation of which
the equipment is capable of performing.
80. Preparations for Use of Equipment
(1) Install ground stake, located in compartment
below rear doors, by fastening cable to bolt
provided with wingnut, on left rear skid (fig. 26).
(2) Position chocks.
Figure 27. Installation and adjustment of stabilizing
jacks; positioning front ladder.
b. Opening of van. All van sides open from inside
(1) Release overcenter clamps, front and rear, at top
of each door.
(2) Release locks on center post, two on each side
(3) Push top and bottom doors outward at the same
time (fig. 81).
Caution: Do not let doors fall free; assistance from
outside is necessary.
(4) Install chain guard railing; (fig.
82 and TM 9-
Figure 26. Installation of ground stake.