c. Pneumatic System-Compressor Operated.
(1) Inspect lines, connectors, and fittings for security
details of operation
connectors, fitting, controls, and instruments for
leaks, security, and proper operation.
d. Pneumatic System-Auxiliary Power Operated.
(1) Inspect lines, fitting, and connectors for leaks and
(2) Install line from auxiliary to air supply tank (fig.
(3) With auxiliary air supply connected, inspect lines,
Figure 32. Chain guard railing installation.
fittings, controls, and instruments for leaks,
security, and proper operation.
81. Shutdown of Shop Set
e. Water System.
a. Shutdown instructions for the units comprising
(1) Inspect lines, hose, tubing, fittings, valves, gages,
Shop Set, Aircraft Maintenance, Semi-trailer Mounted,
tank cover seal, tank, cover, drain, pump, and
C3, Flaw Detection, are contained in the technical manual
mountings for security and condition.
issued for the individual items. It is essential that the
(2) Check operation of pump or outside water source
operator understand these instructions.
for flow and pressure.
b. Disconnect external power source.
(3) With system operating, check lines, hose, pump,
c. Close van sides and rear doors (fig 1 and
tubing, controls, instruments, tank cover, and seal
for leaks, security, and proper operation.
d. Remove and store entrance ladders (figure 1 and
83. Movement of Equipment
e. Check security of chocks.
a. Open van in accordance with instructions
82. Operating Details
These instructions provide second
c. Remove and stow entrance ladders.
echelon maintenance personnel with the necessary
details for operation of the equipment comprising the
Caution: This operation must be performed before
attaching tractor to trailer.
b. Electrical System-Auxiliary-Power Operated.
d. Disconnect external power source(s), electrical or
(1) Inspect auxiliary power cord for breaks, security
of connectors, and frayed cover material.
(2) Install auxiliary power cord from auxiliary power
source to external power receptacle.
f. Remove chocks and secure in travel position.