13. Shutdown of Shop Set
15. Movement of Equipment
a. Shutdown instructions for the units comprising
a. Perform "at halt" and "after operation" daily
Shop Set, Aircraft Maintenance, Semitrailer Mounted,
C-6, Machine Shop, are contained in the TM issued for
b. Store all tools and equipment.
the individual items (app. I). It is essential that the
c. Install security locking bars on cabinets with
operator understand these instructions.
b. Perform "after operation" daily services (ch. 3,
d. Secure tools or equipment, too large for bin
e. Store cable or hose in locations provided.
14. Operating Details
These instructions provide the
operator with necessary details for operation of the
equipment in the shop set.
b. Electrical System.
(1) Start generator in accordance with the TM
that proper current is being supplied;
adjust controls as necessary.
(3) Ascertain that circuit breakers in electrical
panel are in the ON position for circuits to
(4) Check for loose connections, blown fuses,
tripped circuit breakers, and frayed wire
(5) Plug cords of equipment to be operated
When external power source is
utilized, omit (1) and (2) above.
Figure 6. Security locking bars, open bin security
c. Pneumatic System.
fastenings, typical installation.
(1) Allow sufficient time for buildup of source
pressure and drain the oil and water
The correct source pressure is 75 to
(2) Close drain when water or oil cease to
drain from separator.
operating pressure of 75 psi.
(4) Check connections for leaks, security of
fittings, and condition.
(5) Insert adapters, attached to pneumatic
equipment hose, into receptacle provided.
Figure 7. Jack stowage box.