METHOD OF FILING- Continued
4. When filing soft metals, using pressure on the return
stroke helps keep the cuts in the file clean.
5. Use a rocking motion when filing round surfaces.
6. When using a new file, applying too much pressure
will cause the teeth to break off. Do not force the file.
File slowly, lightly, and steadily. Too much speed and
too much pressure causes the file to rock, rounding off
the comers of the work.
1. Draw filing is used to produce a very smooth and true
surface. Hold the file at right angles to the direction of
the strokes, keeping your hands close together to
prevent bending and breaking the file.
2. Pressure should not be great and can remain the
same on the back stroke as on the draw stroke. The
speed of filing is not important.
Change 2 28-4.1