Oil filter assembly, removal and installation.
(6) Remove capscrew and washer securing the
cover assembly to no. 4 cylinder. Remove the cover and
a. General. The system is a semi-closed system con-
sisting of a valve and filter. Under full load conditions
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
the system admits engine by-pass gases to the at-
(1) Clean the breather hose and inspect for cracks
mosphere through the air inlet filter housing.
(2) Clean cover assemblies with cleaning solvent
(1) Remove two hose clamps from the breather
and dry thoroughly. Inspect for cracks and other
hose and remove the breather hose from the valve and
(3) Clean the breather housing with cleaning sol-
(2) Remove the P C V valve from the intake
vent and dry thoroughly. Inspect the breather housing
ma ni f o1 d.
(3) Remove cover and filter element from the
(4) Clean the filter element in solvent and dry
thoroughly. Inspect element for holes, damage and
(4) Remove two screws and lockwasher securing
the breather housing to the cover assembly and remove
(5) Clean PCV valve in cleaning solvent and dry
the breather housing.
thoroughly. Inspect for clogging, varnish buildup and
(5) Removc capscrew and washer securing the
cover assembly to no. 3 cylinder. Remove the cover and
d. Installation. Install in reverse order of removal.