Figure 4-9. PCV valve and filter, removal and installation.
Section XII. MAINTENANCE OF ENGINE GOVERNOR
(3) Inspect the governor housing for cracks,
damage or other defects.
c. Installaion. Install in reverse order of removal.
(2) Disconnect governor oil line.
Hook governor spring in hole no. 7 of governor lever.
(3) Disconnect governor linkage.
(1) Start engine, let engine run until it reaches
normal operating temperature.
ing governor to the gear housing.
(2) Push throttle to full IN position.
(6) Remove the governor and gasket from the gear
ing adjusting nut on the governor control rod until a
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
reading of 1800 to 1860 rpm is obtained.
(1) Clean exterior of the governor with solvent and
(4) Frequency meter reading should read 60 to 62
(2) Inspect the governor gear for cracked or chip-
ped teeth. Replace a defective gear.