(4) Insert regulating sleeve assembly into the bore in end plate
(5) Fit the transfer pump thrust plate (15, figure 8-8) on the end
The thrust plate may be reversed if
one side appears worn or scratched.
A small amount of grease may be used
to hold the thrust plate in place.
Do not use force when inserting ro-
tor. Binding may be caused by the
presence of foreign particles. If
rotor binds, withdraw it, rinse the
rotor and hydraulic head in clean
fuel and attempt to assemble again.
(6) Immerse rotor and hydraulic head (16, figure 8-11) in clean oil
and assemble with a slight rotary motion.
(7) Install delivery valve (26, figure 8-11) making sure that it moves
freely in its bore. Install spring (25, Figure 8-11) and stop
to 85-90 inch-pounds.
end which is relieved to clear the
delivery stop. Be sure that this
end faces the stop.
(8) Place the hydraulic head and rotor in the holding fixture. In-
sert plunger (17, figure 8-11) into the rotor bores. Install
(9) Adjust roller-to-roller dimension as follows: (See figure 8-13).
Injection Pump Roller-to-Roller Dimension.