(a) Apply clean, dry air at 30 to 100 pounds per square inch
by means of a suitable fitting to any one of the head out-
(b) Rotate the rotor until the rollers are pushed to their ex-
treme outward postion.
Turning screw clockwise increases the
roller-to-roller dimension. Turning
screw, counterclockwise reduces roller-
(c) Using a 1 to 2 inch micrometer, measure the roller-to-rol-
ler dimension. If roller-to-roller dimension is not 1.964
(10) Place the cam ring (10, figure 8-11 ) atop the hydraulic head,
making sure that the rotation arrow points clockwise.
(11) Place the governor weight retainer (5, figure 8-11) over the
drive of the distributor rotor. Make sure that the assembly
marks on the weight retainer and the rotor aIign with each
Use care when inverting the hydraulic
head, as the rotor is not retained and
could easily fall out.
(12) Invert the hydraulic head in the holding fixture so that the
governor weight retainer engages the bar.
(13) Lift the hydraulic head slightly so that its inside face aligns
(14) Insert the transfer pump liner (20, figure 8-8) into the hy-
draulic head so that the large slot is in line with the head
locating screw hole and the letter "C", which signifies pump
rotation, is up. This will correctly position the liner loca-
ting slot to accept the end plate locating pin.
(15) Carefully insert the transfer pump blades (18, figure 8-8) and
springs (19, figure 8-8) taking care not to cock them. Rotate
the liner several times to check for freedom of movement. Re-
turn the liner to the correct position.