Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(1) Clean all parts in cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Visually inspect cooling fan pulley for cracks, corrosion, and
(3) Check pulley hub for cracks, corrosion, and other damage.
(4) Inspect cover plate for cracks, corrosion, and rub marks on
(5) Inspect pump body for cracks, breaks, and excessive wear.
(6) Inspect shaft and bearing assembly for deep water patterns,
scores, pitting and other damage. Rotate bearing on shaft. If
bearing is binding or reels rough, the shaft and bearing assem-
bly must be replaced.
(7) Check impeller for erosion, cracking, and other damage.
(8) Replace any damaged or defective parts.
When installing seal, press on outer
flange to avoid damaging the seal.
Press replacement seal (23) into pump body (24).
When installing shaft and bearing assem-
bly, press on outer bearing face and not
on end of shaft.
Press shaft, bearing and flinger assembly (21) into pump body
and install retaining ring (17 ).
Support pump on outer end of shaft and press impeller (22)
onto shaft, bearing and flinger assembly to obtain 0.010 inch
Install gasket (20) and cover plate (19 ) and secure with screws
Press pulley hub (13 ) onto shaft (21) until shaft is flush with
front of pulley.
Install water inlet housing (8) and new gasket (9) with screws
Install in the reverse order of removal.