(1) Reassemble oil filter assembly (10) in reverse order of disas-
(2) Install oil filter assembly (10) in reverse order of removal.
Run engine. Check for leaks and correct oil pressure indica-
OIL PAN ASSEMBLY.
(1) Remove the oil drain plug (5) and gasket (6). Drain the en-
gine oil into a suitable container. If possible, drain the oil
when the engine is at operating temperature.
(2) If the starting motor is mounted below the oil pan level and will
interfere with the oil pan removal, disconnect the electrical
leads and remove the starter (para. 7-3a).
(3) Support the oil pan and remove the bolts (1) and lockwashers
(2). Remove the oil pan (3) and gaskets (12 ).
(4) Remove front and rear oil seals (7).
Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(1) Clean all parts with cleaning solvent and a stiff bristle brush.
Dry thoroughly with filtered, compressed air.
(2) Scrape gasket remains from oil pan and cylinder block mating
(3) Inspect oil pan for cracks, dents, broken welds and leaks.
(4) Check all threads for crossing, stripping and peening.
(5) Repair cracks and broken welds in oil pan by welding.
(6) Repair minor thread damage with a thread chaser.
(7) Replace any parts damaged beyond repair.
Using new gaskets and seals, install oil pan assembly
in reverse order of removal procedures.
OIL PUMP ASSEMBLY.
(1) Remove oil pan assembly.
(2) Remove screws (1) and lockwashers (2) to remove oil pump.