(1) Press drive gear (14) onto shaft (16).
(2) Insert shaft into pump body (19) and press gear (8) onto shaft
the mounting flange and the top of the drive flange (figure
(3) Press shaft (18) into pump body and install driven gear (15).
(4) Install cover plate (12) and secure with lockwasher (10) and
screws (9 and 11).
(5) Install new seal (3), Iockwashers (7), and pressure relief valve
(6) Check that drive shaft rotates freely. If shaft binds, disassem-
ble pump and ascertain cause before installing.
(7) Install pickup screen (4) and tighten.
Pickup screen must be in the horizon-
tal position when the pump is installed
in the engine.
(1) Install oil pump, making sure that drive gear mates correctly
with speed switch drive assembly.
(2) Install oil pan.