(2) Remove nuts and washers (fig. 11-3) to remove exhaust mani-
fold and gaskets. Discard gaskets.
Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean exhaust manifold with a stiff bristle brush and an ap-
(2) Scrape all gasket remains from mating surfaces of exhaust mani-
fold and cylinder.
(3) Inspect exhaust manifold for cracks, excessive corrosion, and
(4) Check all threaded parts for stripped or otherwise damaged
Use new gaskets and install exhaust manifold in re-
verse order of removal procedures. Torque nuts to 35 lb-ft.