(1) Install cylinder head and rocker arm assembly in reverse order
of removal procedures.
(2) Torque nuts to 75 lb-ft following the sequence of figure 12-7.
(3) Repeat the sequence, torque each nut 125 lb-ft.
(4) Again repeat the sequence, torque each nut as specified in para-
Nuts must be retorqued after 1 hour
(5) Refer to f and adjust the valve tappet clearance.
After engine warm-up, readjust valves
to a "hot" setting of 0.012 inch.
Operate the engine until the coolant temperature gauge indicates
normal operating temperature.
Remove the valve cover.
Bar the engine over by hand until both the intake and exhaust
valves on No. 1 cylinder are completely closed.
Using a feeler gauge, check clearance between the valve stem
and the rocker arm on both intake and exhaust valves (fig.
12-8). Clearance should
to 0.012 inch.
If the clearance is not specified, use a suitable wrench to ro-
tate adjusting screw until proper clearance is obtained.
Check and, if necessary, adjust the clearance of the valves on
the remaining cylinders as outlined in paragraph (3) , (4), and
(5) above, following the firing order of 1, 5, 3, 6, 2, and 4.
When all valves are properly adjusted install the valve cover.