(7) Remove upper half of connecting rod bearing insert.
Keep connecting rod bearing caps with
the connecting rod from which they were
(27, 28, and 29) and lower half of main bearing inserts (31).
(9) Remove screws (26) to remove main bearing cap (28) and lower
half of center main bearing insert (32).
(10) Lift crankshaft (43) from cylinder block and remove upper half
of main bearing inserts.
Conspicuously mark each main bearing
cap as to position to aid at assembly.
Do not remove crankshaft gear (44) and woodruff key (45) un-
less inspection reveals damage and replacement is necessary.
remove piston assembly (11) from connecting rod (6).
Do not remove bushing (5) unless inspection reveals damage
and replacement is necessary.
Remove compression rings (12 and 13), scraper rings (14) and
oil control ring (15 ) from piston (11). Discard piston rings.
Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(1) Clean all parts in cleaning solvent and dry with filtered com-
(2) Clean all oil passages in crankshaft and connecting rods with a
Use care to avoid damaging ring grooves
(3) Scrape carbon deposits from top and ring groove of piston.