(2) Remove eight screws that secure the clutch drive plate to the
flywheel, and remove the clutch drive plate.
clutch drive plate. Remove key.
(4) Remove safety wire from twelve studs (29) and remove the six
(5) Remove six nuts (22) and remove the six bolts (20) and the
six links (21 and 23).
(6) Remove the six spacers (24) and remove the six rubber bush-
(7) Remove twenty-four rivets (33) that secure the three linings
(34) to the three shoes (35).
(8) Loosen setscrew in hub (19) and remove the clutch housing
(3) with the hub (16) attached.
(9) Remove the three screws (14) that secure the housing (3) to
the hub (16). Two withdrawal holes with 3/8-16 thread 180
apart are located in the housing to push the hub (16) out of
Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(1) Clean parts with approved cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect for damaged or defective parts and replace defective or
missing parts as necessary.
(3) To replace the rubber bushings (36), use a circular plug slight-
ly smaller than the outside diameter of the bushing outer sleeve,
and preferably recessed, so that pressure is applied to the out-
er sleeve only and not to the inner sleeve.
Assembly and Installation.
(1) Reassemble and install in reverse order.
(2) Install links on the hub loosely with the serrated part of the
(3) Install the links in the direction of rotation as shown in figure
(4) Press each shoe hard inward with the seating pads against the
hub; torque hub and show bolts to 25 lb-ft.