not be indicated. Activate the overspeed switch by hand, if
continuity is not indicated, replace the microswitch.
(5) Connect previously tagged leads as necessary.
Adjustment. Refer to figure 13-4, and adjust the overspeed safety
switch as necessary.
(1) Tag and disconnect the electrical leads.
(2) Remove attaching hardware and remove the switch and box.
and disassemble the overspeed
Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean all electrical components with a clean, dry brush.
(2) Clean all parts in an approved cleaning solvent and dry thorough-
(3) Inspect all Darts for excessive wear. Check the coil for conti-
nuitv, the solenoid for free movement, and the microswitch for
(4) Replace all defective parts.
Reassembly and Installation.
(3) Refer to figure 13-4 and adjust the switch after installation.