(3) Replace a defective side lifting cylinder or related parts and
lines that cannot be repaired.
(1) Install the side lifting cylinder and lines as illustrated in figure
(2) Lower the side door.
(3) Bleed the side lifting cylinder and lifting door hydraulic sys-
SIDE LIFTING CYLINDERS AND HYDRAULIC LINES.
General. A side lifting cylinder is located on each side of the shop
set body. The upper end of each cylinder is attached to a rib in
its respective side door. The lower end of each is connected to a
removable bracket secured to the shop set floor. Hydraulic oil flows
into and out of the cylinders through a flexible line connected at the
bottom of each cylinder.
Remove the side lifting cylinder,
Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(1) Clean all parts with an approved cleaning solvent and dry thor-
(2) Inspect all parts for cracks, breaks, wear and other defects.
Inspect the interior surface of the cylinder for pits, roughness,
and scored condition.
(3) Install new packing kit, which includes the wiper O-rings and
(4) Replace a damaged or defective side lifting cylinder or related
Reassembly and Installation.
(1) Reassemble in reverse order of disassembly.
(2) Install the side lifting cylinder.