With brakes released, insert a small rod through hole in brake air
chamber, below hydraulic cylinder. Mark rod at surface of mounting
bracket when rod contacts push rod in brake air chamber. AppIV
brakes and again mark rod at surface of mounting bracket with rod
in contact with push rod. Withdraw rod and measure distance be-
tween marks which will indicate amount of push rod travel. Brakes
should be adjusted to permit a minimum of 1/2-inch travel and a max-
imum of 7/8-inch travel. Adjust service brakes if necessary.
Remove the emergency relay valve as illustrated in figure
Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean with cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect for defects and damage to valve. Inspect lines for
crimps, breaks, or other defects. Replace defective valve or
Install the emergency relay valve as illustrated in fig-
AIR RESERVOIR TANK.
from the tank (9).
(2) Disconnect the lines (6) from the tank. Remove nuts (1), wash-
ers (2), and bolts (3), and remove the tank from the bracket
(3) Remove hardware and remove brackets from frame.
Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(1) Clean the outside and inside surfaces of the air reservoir tank
with cleaning solvent and dry with compressed air.
(2) Inspect for corrosion or rust.
(3) Inspect threaded opening and outside surfaces for cracks or
damage that might result in leaks.
(4) Inspect the draincock for wear and defects and see that it closes
Inspect all other parts for defects.
(5) Replace a defective, unserviceable air reservoir tank or any