Section III. OPERATION UNDER USUAL CONDITIONS
Instructions in this section are published for the
information and guidance of second echelon
maintenance personnel responsible for the operation of
this equipment. It is essential that the operator know
how to perform every operation the equipment is
capable of performing.
71. Preparation for Use of Equipment
(1) Install ground stake, located in compartment
below rear doors, by fastening cable to bolt
provided with wing nut, on left rear skid (fig.
Figure 19. Installation and adjustment of stabilizing
jacks, positioning front ladder.
(2) Position chocks.
(3) Install the stabilizing jacks (fig. 19), and adjust
them as necessary.
(4) Remove entrance ladders from rear doors and
(5) Open right rear door (fig. 20 and TM 9-2330-
b. Opening of Van, All van sides open from inside
(1) Release over-center clamps, front and rear, at
top of each door.
Figure 20. Position rear entrance ladders and
opening rear doors.
Figure 18. Installation of ground stake.