Table 3-3. TROUBLESHOOTING-Continued
damaged replace element.
(1) Remove four twistlock fasteners securing
(2) Emergency cleaning. Loosen and remove dirt
cover to the false panel located in compartment 1.
by blowing with low pressure air. Tapping end of filter
on a solid surface is an acceptable method if air is not
(2) Remove wing nut and plate (fig 3-2) securing
air cleaner element and remove air cleaner element.
available. Do not strike sides of filter.
c. Cleaning and Inspection
d. Installation. Install in reverse order of removal.
(1) Inspect element for dirt or damage. If
Figure 3-2. Engine air cleaner, removal and installation
a Remoual Remove fuel line quick disconnect from
(2) Inspect bowl for cracks. Replace a defective
inlet side of strainer. Loosen knurled nut below bowl
and swing wire bail to one side. Remove bowl, gasket
(3) Inspect screen for damage. Replace a defective
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
c. Installation. Install in reverse order of removal,
being sure gasket is in good condition.
(1) Wash bowl and screen in solvent and dry (app