Remove damaged fuel lines and fittings.
It is not necessary to remove all fuel
lines and fittings to replace a single
part. Only those parts requiring re-
placement need be removed.
Install fuel lines in reverse order of removal proce-
(1) Unscrew spray cap and remove pintle holder and pintle.
(2) Remove cap and washer.
(3) Remove locknut, adjusting screw, and washer to remove spring
and spindle from body.
Cleaning and Inspection.
Soak nozzle holder parts in a container of clean fuel and dry
with a clean, lint-free cloth.
Inspect pintle, pintle holder and spray cap for cracks, corro-
sion, erosion from fuel flow and other damage.
Check body, spindle, and cap for cracks, corrosion, breaks,
and other damage.
Check spring for fretting, cracks, breaks, corrosion, and dis-
Check all threaded parts for cross, stripped, or otherwise dam
Repair nozzle holder by replacing defective parts.
(1) Install spindle and spring into body.
(2) Install washer, adjusting screw and locknut.
(3) Insert pintle into pintle holder.
(4) Position pintle holder in body and secure with spray cap.
(5) Do not install washer and cap until after adjustment.