(12) Bleed air from the fuel system.
Fuel Injection Nozzle Holders and Lines.
The diesel fuel used in the engine for the Dynamotor-Welder is combustible.
Use caution when draining/filling fuel tank and working on the fuel system.
Extinguish all smoking materials and do not allow sparks or open flame near
the fuel tank and fuel system.
Locate faulty injectors as directed in sub-paragraph
(1) Remove injector and return lines and fittings (13, figure 8-14).
Tag or otherwise identify lines and fittings and
the location of support clamps to facilitate in-
(2) Remove screws (1, figure 8-15) to remove injector nozzle holders (2,
Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean nozzle holders and lines with an approved solvent and dry
(2) Inspect nozzle holder assemblies for cracks, corrosion, signs of
leaking, or other defects.
(3) Inspect lines for pinching, cracks, corrosion, and other damage.
(4) Check all threaded parts for stripping or otherwise damaged threads.
(1) Loosen the fuel line at the injector on cylinder No. 1 until fuel
flows freely from the break.
(2) If engine performance is affected, the injector is functioning properly.
(3) If engine performance is not affected, the injector is faulty and must
(4) Tighten the injector fuel line.
(5) Repeat steps (1) through (4) for each injector.
(6) Remove faulty injectors in accordance with subparagraph a above.