Figure 4-5. Ignition coil removal and installation.
speed safety switch before removing the
4-19. BATTERY (fig 4-6).
battery (fig 4-12).
(1) Remove protective guard from rear of control
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
panel (para 4-26).
(1) Clean all corrosion from the battery terminals
and case, with a wire brush.
To avoid short, disconnect negative ca-
(2) Inspect the battery case for cracks and the ter-
minals for loose mounting.
(2) Disconnect the battery cables.
(3) When battery cables are installed, coat ex-
posed areas of the terminals with a thin coat of grease
hold down bracket bolts. Remove hold down bracket.
to prevent corrosion (app D).
c. Installation. Install
in reverse order
Remove the relay from the top of over-