SHOP EQUIPMENT CONTACT MAINTENANCE (SECM)
REMOVAL OF MAJOR COMPONENTS
Tools And Special Tools:
Six MOS 67 Series or MOS 68 Series
OVERHEAD CARGO/MAINTENANCE RACK ASSEMBLY REMOVAL
At least four people are required to lift and handle the Overhead
Cargo/Maintenance Rack Assembly. The assembly weighs approximately 228
Care should be taken when lowering Overhead Cargo/Maintenance Rack
Assembly to prevent damage to canvas components of HMMWV.
Overhead Cargo/Maintenance Rack Assembly should
supported until all attaching hardware has been removed.
Retain all attaching hardware for future installation.
1. Fold vehicle side mirrors in, chock wheels and set brakes before work begins.
2. Remove all contents from the Overhead Cargo/Maintenance Rack Assembly.
3. Remove safety bars (1) and unlatch safety chains (2). (Figure 1)
4. Remove locking pin (3) from each handrail nest, extract handrails and replace locking pins in nests.
5. Remove locking pins (4) and collapse handrail assembly extensions (5).
6. Descend ladder (6) to ground.
7. Remove locking pins (7) from ladder stabilizer (8) and fold into storage position. Replace locking pins (7).
8. Remove locking pins (9) from ladder (6).
9. Lift ladder (6) from slots.
10. Replace locking pins (9) in Overhead Cargo/Maintenance Rack Assembly.
Change 1-15 March 2005