REPAIR OF PNEUMATIC EQUIPMENT
Section I. I N T R O D U C T I O N
phase alternating current. The air compressor is a two
9-1. GENERAL. This section covers repair instruc-
cylinder, single stage and rated at 5 cfm.
tions for the air compressor and drive motor. The motor
is rated at 1-1/2 horsepower, 115 volt, 60 hertz single
Section Il. A I R C O M P R E S S O R A N D R E L A T E D P A R T S
(4) Inspect the crankcase for cracks, breaks,
damaged threads, scoring, wearing, warpage and other
the air compressor.
b. Disassembly. Disassemble air compressor as il-
(1) Reassemble the air compressor in reverse order
c. Cleaning Inspection and Repair.
(2) Use the following torque values in reassem-
(1) Clean all parts with cleaning solvent and dry
bling the air compressor:
5 lbs. ft.
End cover bolts
(2) Inspect the cylinder head for cracks, breaks,
10 lbs. ft.
warpage, and other damage.
e. Installation. Install the air compressor in reverse
(3) Inspect the baseplate for cracks, burrs and
order of removal,
4. Oil seal
5. Pulley assembly
1. Air compressor
2. End cover gasket
3. End cover