REPAIR OF ENGINE STARTER
Section I. I N T R O D U C T I O N
and installation of the engine starter.
7-1. GENERAL. This provides procedures for remov-
al, disassembly, cleaning, inspection, repair, assembly,
Section II. M A I N T E N A N C E I N S T R U C T I O N S
(3) Clean brush holder and springs with a brush
and cleaning solvent. Dry thoroughly with compressed
the engine starter.
(4) Clean brushes with a clean, dry cloth only. Do
b. Disassembly. Refer
to figure 7-1 and disassemble
not permit cleaning solvent to come in contact with
c. Cleaning Inspection and Repair.
(1) Clean all metal parts in cleaning solvent and
(5) Replace brushes if less than 1/2 inch long.
d. Reassembly and Installation.
(2) Clean frame with a clean cloth dampened with
(1) Reassemble starter in reverse order of dis-
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly with compressed
(2) Install the starter in reverse order of removal.
1. Cover hand
2. Commutator end housing
4. Brush spring