(10) Remove two bolts and two tapered washers
from rail below front of engine.
(11) Remove safety block from rear rail below con-
Disconnect battery cables before remov-
a. General. Before removing restarter, the engine
(12) Remove two safety blocks from rail below
front of engine.
must be removed. Slide the engine out compartment door
one (Ref.. fig E-1) by using the following procedure.
(13) Slide generator-welder engine out of com-
partment until assembly reaches stop.
(1) Loosen nine bolts and remove guard from rear
of control panel.
(2) Disconnect tag and electrical leads.
(1) Disconnect and tag starter electrical leads.
(3). Remove conduit brackets from control panel
the starter support bracket and remove bracket.
(4) Remove three capscrews and three lock-
washers securing the hose rack and remove (curbside
securing starter to the flywheel shroud.
(4) Remove the starter.
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
(5). Remove acetylene tank and bracket.
(6) Remove eight bolts and eight nuts and remove
(1) Clean the outside of the starter housing with a
cloth dampened with cleaning solvent (app D).
(2) Inspect housing for cracks and other damage.
(7). Remove three bolts and three nuts from upper
and lower flange. Remove exhaust pipe.
(8) Disconnect fuel line quick disconnect at fuel
(1) Install starter in reverse order of removal.
(2) Install generator-welder engine assembly in
(9) Remove two bolts and two tapered washers
reverse order of removal.
from rail below control panel.
(3) Reconnect battery terminals.