Section VIII. MAINTENANCE OF ENGINE FUEL SYSTEM
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Wash the removed parts with cleaning solvent
a General. The fuel strainer is located on the right
side of the engine above the oil filler tube. Fuel from
(2) Inspect sediment bowl for cracks. Replace a
the tank is delivered to the fuel strainer, then passes
defective sediment bowl.
through the sediment bowl and up through the screen,
(3) Check the strainer body for cracks, breaks and
which removes dirt from the fuel.
bad threads. Replace the strainer body if it is defective
(1) Remove fuel line quick disconnect from fitting
(4) Inspect the filter screen for tears or clogged
on the fuel strainer.
mesh. Clean the screen or replace if necessary.
(2) Remove the fuel strainer sediment bowl.
d. Installation. Install in reverse order of removal.
(3) Unscrew the strainer body from the connec-
tion to the fuel pump.
(2) Disconnect the fuel line to the carburetor.
a General The fuel pump is a diaphragm type and
is actuated by an eccentric on the camshaft.
that secure the fuel pump to the adapter and remove