(1) Install in reverse order of a. above.
(2) Use wrench (NSN 5120-00-795-0059) to tighten adjusting nut (7,
13) into place and then back off nut until seat (12) can be
turned freely by hand, but without lateral movement of seat
due to oil and lubricant in bearing cones.
(3) Install washer (6) so that the pin on the adjusting nut (7) pro-
trudes through the washer (6) to hold the adjusting nut (7) in
place. The adjusting nut (7) may have to be turned to align
the pin on the adjusting nut (7) with the nearest hole on the
(1) Raise and block up front of trailer chassis. Chock wheels to
prevent movement of vehicle.
(2) Remove the two screws that secure the two braces to the leg
(3) Remove the eight screws that secure the leg assembly to the
trailer chassis. Remove the leg assembly.
(4) Remove the remaining leg assembly in a similar manner.
Disassembly. Disassemble the landing gear leg assembly as illus-
Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(1) Clean all parts with approved cleaning solvent and dry thorough-
Inspect all parts for wear, distortion or cracks. With fine file,
hand-chase at ends of screws on leg assemblies. Check gears
and retaining nuts for damage and replace if necessary. Check
screw and nut on leg assemblies for damage, wear, or corros-
ion. Inspect roller bearings for wear and replace if unservice-
able. Inspect bearings for signs of damage and wear. Replace
if defective. Inspect gear shaft for burrs, damage and wear.
Replace if necessary. Check to be sure that contact surface of
gib is smooth. Clean and inspect all exterior surfaces for
chipped paint. Repaint as necessary after scraping chipped
paint. Check lube fittings for serviceability y. Replace all parts