The sides of the housing just above
the advance bears a "C" denoting
clockwise pump rotation as viewed
from the drive end. The power side
of the piston is located on the "C"
side of a clockwise rotation pump.
(18) Invert the holding fixture in the vise. Grasp the hydraulic
head firmly in both hands and withdraw with a slight rotary
motion. Use caution not to drop the governor weights (1, fig-
(19) To disassemble the governor, invert the hydraulic head and
(20) Place the hydraulic head assembly on pump holding fixture so
that the governor weight retainer (5, figure 8-11) engages the
bar on the fixture.
(21) Remove pivot shaft nut (1, figure 8-9) and seal (2, figure
8-9) from one side of pivot shaft (3, figure 8-9). Slide pi-
vot shaft out one side of the housing and lift out governor arm
(22) Using a 5/32-inch Allen wrench, loosen the delivery valve retain-
(23) Lift head and rotor assembly and shake delivery valve stop (24,
into the hand. If delivery valve sticks, remove
using extractor. Discard delivery stop.
(24) Using a small-bladed screwdriver or a dull scribe, disengage
This releases the rotor retainers which should now be moved
outward as far as possible to clear the rotor.
When the rotor retainers are removed,
the rotor is no longer retained in the
(25) Gently lift the hydraulic head off the distributor rotor. Invert
the hydraulic head and shake out the rotor retainers (22, fig-