Fill radiator with clean fresh water and repeat steps given in
(2) Fill cooling system with coolant. Start engine and run until
temperature reaches 180 F. Observe coolant level and add cool-
ant as necessary.
(3) Install the radiator cap.
9-4. RADIATOR HOSES
(1) Drain the cooling system.
(2) To remove coolant line from thermostat housing to radiator,
loosen the four clamps and remove the two hoses and the metal
(3) To remove the coolant line from the bottom of the radiator to
the water pump, loosen four clamps and remove the two hoses
and the metal elbow.
Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean all metal parts in cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Clean all hoses in clean water.
(1) Install the radiator hoses, clamps and other coolant lines in
(2) Fill the cooling system.
(2) Rotate alternator toward cooling fan until V-belt is slack enough
to slip over alternator pulley.
(3) Remove V-belt from fan pulley and crankshaft pulley.
(4) Slip. V-belt over cooling fan and slip between cooling fan and