(1) Install V-belt in reverse order of removal procedures.
(2) Before tightening alternator mounting hardware, adjust belt
(2) Rotate alternator until firm pressure on V-belt midway between
alternator pulley and water pump pulley will depress it approx-
FAN AND WATER PUMP ASSEMBLY.
(1) Drain radiator.
Remove radiator hoses from water pump.
Remove cooling fan.
Remove capscrews and lockwashers to remove water pump and
(5) Do not remove fan pulley unless inspection reveals damage.
Disassembly (Refer to figu re 9-3) .
(1) Using a suitable puller, remove pulley hub.
(2) Remove retaining ring (17).
(3) Remove screws (2 and 18), lockwasher (3), and screw (5) to
remove cover plate (19) and gasket (20).
(4) Support front end of pump in bed of arbor press and press
shaft bearing and flinger assembly (21) from impeller (22), seal
assembly (23), and pump body (24).
Shaft, bearing and flinger assembly
(21) is a unit. Do not attempt to
(5) Press seal assembly (23) from pump body. Discard seal.
(6) Disconnect water inlet housing (8) by removing screw (7) and
lockwasher (6). Discard gasket (9).