MAINTENANCE OF SIDE LIFTING HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
Each side of the mobile shop set is raised and lowered by an
independent hydraulic pump and cylinder. Each hydraulic pump sup-
plies oil under pressure to the side lifting cylinder. The cylinder is
lowered by releasing the control valve lever on the hydraulic pump. A
flow control valve in the system provides a metered flow rate and con-
trols the lowering speed of the cylinder when the control valve lever is
placed in the open or return position.
FLOW CONTROL VALVE.
Adjust the flow control valve as illustrated in figure
Remove flow control valve.
Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean all parts in cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect for damage or defects and replace a defective flow con-
Install the flow control valve.
SIDE LIFTING HYDRAULIC PUMPS.
General. The side lifting hydraulic pumps are mounted on the front
of the shop set body; one on each side. Each pump is manually
operated by a handle stored on the front of the body adjacent to
each pump. The pumps are secured to permanent mounting brackets
welded to the shop set body.
(1) Disconnect the hydraulic line (fig. 17-1 ) from the flow control
(2) Remove four screws, nuts, and washers; and remove the
hydraulic pump from the bracket.
(3) Remove the flow control valve from the elbow and remove the
elbow from the hydraulic pump.
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean external surface of the pump with a cloth dampened in
cleaning solvent and wipe dry.