Inspect for cracks, breaks , signs of leakage and other damage.
Replace a defective side lifting hydraulic pump.
(1) Install the flow control valve in the elbow and install the elbow
(2) Install the hydraulic pump in the bracket and secure with
screws, nuts, and washers. Connect line to flow control valve.
Bleeding Side Lifting Hydraulic System.
See that all leaks are corrected be-
(1) Remove the filler cap (fig. 17-1) from the top of the pump
and add fluid as necessary. Install and tighten filler cap.
(2) Pressurize the system and raise the side. When the cylinder
assembly reaches one-third its extended position, any air in the
system can be bled by loosening the hydraulic line Connection,
at the flow control valve, just enough that air in the line can
escape. When hydraulic fluid begins to appear, tighten the
connection. Refill the hydraulic pump after bleeding and while
side door is closed.
17-4 SIDE LIFTING CYLINDERS AND HYDRAULIC LINES.
General. A side lifting cylinder is located on each side of the shop
set body. The upper end of each cylinder is attached to a rib in
its respective side door. The lower end of each is connected to a
removable bracket secured to the shop set floor. Hydraulic oil flows
into and out of the cylinders through a flexible line connected at the
bottom of each cylinder.
(1) Raise the side door on which the side lifting cylinder is to be
removed and secure in the raised position.
(2) Remove the side lifting cylinder and hydraulic lines as illus-
Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(1) Clean all parts with cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect all parts for cracks, breaks, wear, and other defects.