OPERATOR'S, UNIT AND DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE
AUTHORIZED STOCKAGE LIST MOBILITY SYSTEM (ASLMS)
MODEL NUMBER FPU-8/12 PARTS (OD) P/N 15005002-001
MODEL NUMBER FPU-8/12 PARTS (DS) P/N 15005002-002
MODEL NUMBER FPU-8/12 BULK (OD) P/N 15005001-001
MODEL NUMBER FPU-8/12 BULK (DS) P/N 15005001-002
OPERATION OF THE ELEMENT PROTECTIVE COVER (EPC)
Element Protective Cover (EPC)
The EPC is a detachable fabric cover, stored inside the container, designed to provide protection from the
elements and to serve as a light barrier during blackout operations. It is a one-piece cover that covers the
entire container perimeter and provides a six foot base operating area on each side of the container.
Tent stakes secure the sides and bottom corners of the cover. A multi-point adjustable strap system
secures the ends of the cover to the container to ensure environment and light protection. Entrance/exit
flaps provide access to stored material.
When the EPC is erected on the FPU Bulk container and palletized material is retrieved
or installed the EPC should be removed to access the pallet racks with MHE.
Setting up the EPC
1. Remove bridge locks (refer to WP 0005 00).
2. Open all ASLMS doors. Additional help may be required in windy conditions to hold doors in setup
position (do not use door restraints during this operation).
3. This step for ASLMS Parts containers only: Remove linchpins and retainer pins from load
constraint bar, located at the top of load constraint bar. Refer to WP 0006 00.
4. Remove load constraint bars and store.
5. Remove the EPC Bag from its stowed position on top of the pole storage area in the FPU-12 from
lower front of the container floor.